Monday 13 November 2017

'It's a wonderful life' & 'Awesome Crazy Kid' by Tamara Buckler

Good Morning all and happy Monday!

I am up on the blog today to share with you the latest couple of layouts I have created with the We R Memory Keepers High Five Bundle. I seriously cant get enough of this kit, every time I sit down to work with it, things come together so easily! And the texture of the papers are just so lovely!

The first layout I have to share features one of the cards from the cut apart sheet. These are fabulous to make a title for your layout with very little fuss! My eldest daughter just went on her year 6 camp to Sydney, and I thought this card very appropriate, because she just had the best time!


To create this layout, I cut the photo and the card from the 'Awesome' paper to the same size, and then matted them both on one single piece of the 'Bullseye' paper, and then centred this one a 8.5x11.5 piece of the 'Vintage' paper. I love the contrast that this gives, it really makes the card and the photo pop.


I didn't really need to do too much embellishing after this point, but added 'Sydney 2017' from the Thickers that came in the kit. Love a black and white Thicker!


I then added a couple of stickers and a flair button to finish the page off. I think I will come back and add some sewing around the card, but hubby was asleep by the time I finished the page, and I didn't think he'd appreciate the sewing machine going :)


My second layout for today is a 12x12 using the same range, and also features my older daughter, this time climbing trees and being a bit silly with her mates at the beach. I often give my phone to the kids when they are playing like this, and I get the best scrapbooking material when I get it back!


This time I used the 'Bullseye' paper for the background, which I was able to do as this kit very awesomely has 2 of each paper included! I then matted a piece of the 'White Wash' paper to the bottom half of the page, and machine sewed around the edge.


I matted my photo on the leftover piece of the 'Bullseye' paper from my last layout, the opposite side this time, and then built up a cluster to the bottom right hand side using a sticker tab, a frame and flower from the ephemera pack and a flair button. I used a roller stamp from my stash to pop the date on the tab.


I did a similar cluster to the top left of the White Wash paper, this time using a couple of stickers and flair button.


To create my title I used more of the stickers, I ran another line of machine stitching through the 'Awesome' sticker, and added some more of the Thickers.

I'm super happy with these layouts, like I said, they came together so easily! I have a feeling you'll be seeing a little bit more of this range from me before I'm done!

Hope you have a great week,

Big Loves,
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment