Wednesday 13 September 2017

Paperific cards

Hello everybody! It's Donna here and I have such a lot to show you today. I had a great time at the Paperific Expo! Can you believe it was that the first time that I met my bosses, Kylie and Darryl! Aren't they lovely? I also got to meet some other members of the Design Team, and watch Deena make some lovely mixed media pieces. Isn't it wonderful that the design team have such different skill sets? I loved learning from her. It was also great to meet some of the subscribers to the kits and blog, so hello to those of you I met there!

One of the things that I got to do at Paperific was play with one of the Shop and Crop Kits, and make cards over the weekend. I ran out of time before I ran out of ideas and paper, but i thought I'd show you what i got up to.
I brought in a little box of goodies to Paperific from home that included things that I thought anybody would have at home, which included glue, scissors, a few sequins and some extra white cardstock to use as card bases. Other than this, all the cards were made using the contents of the kit, with the exception of the blue watercolour background in the card above, which was made by smooshing distress ink onto watercolour paper.
If you have purchased this kit and have some leftovers, I'm sure you'll find some ideas here for your extra pieces.



Many of the cards here were based around the 12" x 12" sticker sheet, as well as one of the papers that could be cut apart to make many of the panels for the cards.

This card also used a little of the Nuvo shimmer mousse from Expo kit 4 which Deena had out on the table. It was too yummy to leave alone. 

I love the sentiment on this next card. Isn't this what life should be about? Sometimes it's easier to say than to put into practice though.

This next card has a special story behind it. I had a little friend come and sit at the demo table and chat with me while I made it. She helped choose colours and do little jobs like peeling the backing off the papers while she and I and her mum chatted. So a big hello to Ruby, who is 3-and-a-half, and who is great company.


Some of the cards, like the one below were very quick and easy. This one only needed some thread, and the little tag and sequins, because the Wild and Free panel was so gorgeous that I didn't want to overpower it.

The Shop and Crop Kits aren't just for for Scrapbooking. What else do you use them for? We'd love to see. 

The kits are available either as a subscription, which gives you a saving each month, or as a one off, until stocks run out. If you'd like a further saving, just use the code DL5 to give you an extra $5 off. This discount will also work on other products, including the the Distress Oxides ( set 1 ) which are being ordered into the shop at the moment. With your discount code DL5, they will be only $95 for all 12!
Until next time, happy crafting. May your days full of great conversations and your hearts full of what's important!
Feel free to have a peek at my other cards if you are interested.
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment