Thursday 21 September 2017

Mixed Media layouts by Tamara Buckler

Hello all,

Tamara here again today to share with you a couple of layouts I created using the Expo Kit No. 4.


My first layout is called 'Hello' and I used the white mixed media card stock from the kit and features a lot of the gorgeous 'vibrant turquoise' Dylusions spray. I achieved the affect you see here by using the packaging technique and a lot of water. The great thing about the mixed media cardstock is that you don't have to add Gesso, which I think gives a much more organic look, and it does hold a lot of water so you can achieve different effects.


I used the Dylusions 'Black Marble' spray to colour the Memory Maze chipboard, and then also by soaking up the ink with a dauber, I was able to push it through the Kaisercraft quad template. I then used some old Kaisercraft stamps from my stash for extra interest, and then the good old ink splatters with the Dylusions to finish the background off.


I inked around the edge of my picture using the dauber with the Dylusions ink and the layered up some paper scraps behind my pic. I then added in some thickers from my stash for the title, a bit of washi tape, some black cotton and some Tim Holtz 'Small Talk' to finish off my page.


My second layout is using the same kit, but this time on some black Kaisercraft cardstock I had in my stash.  To create the background I mixed some of the Dylusions 'Vibrant Turquoise' in with some texture paste and smeared it down the middle of the page. I then added some more for a deeper colour, and did the same thing down the left hand side. The gold smear is the Nuvo Gold Mousse, this stuff is delicious, seriously like icing!


Once the background had dried, I used the Nuvo Gold Mousse through the Kaisercraft quad template. I thought these grungy letters worked in really well with my back to school photo. I also ran the Gold Mousse around the edges of my pages, with the odd over smear around the page, which helped to grunge things up a bit. The gold on the black cardstock really pops!


I layered up the photo on the hessian included in the kit. This is so great for adding texture, I don't know why I don't use it more often! I added a little bit of journaling on the black journal spot included in the kit, some thickers from my stash and that was layout no. 2 done!






These kits are seriously such good value, and include so much product that you really can just keep going with them.

I hope you enjoyed my layouts today, and I'll be back again soon to share more with you!

Big Loves,
Tam x


1 comment: