Friday 29 September 2017

'Be Brave' and 'Daydream' by Elisa Ablett

Hi everyone, 

Elisa here from the design team with my latest creations for Shop and Crop Scrapbooking.

Did you know that if you place an order with Shop and Crop Scrapbooking you can use the code EA5 at the checkout to receive a discount !

Today I am sharing with you a layout I created using the We R Memory Keepers (High Five Collection) from the we-r-memory-keepers-high-five-collection-bundle-kit that is available from the Shop. This bundle is awesome as you get the full matching kit and embellishments, perfect for those boy layouts!

I am also sharing a mixed media tag using the leftovers from Expo Kit No.9 and Distress Ink Oxides which are also available from the Shop in an amazing bundle deal!

Kylie at Shop and Crop is doing a deal on the entire first set of inks for $100. If you use the code EA5, you can get a further $5 off. It truly is the best bargain on this complete set i have seen out there. I've ordered a set! the same deal is available on Set 2.




To achieve the watercolour background look I used water and Broken China Distress Stain and also splashes of Black Dylusions Spray. Then I added stamping with this amazing Arty Triangles stamp from Darkroom Door. I also used a texture die cut from Kaisercraft.

Now onto my mixed media tag using the Distress Ink Oxides and the leftovers i had from Expo Kit 9.

 I SO LOVE these stamp pads, they are a must have item. This is the finished result, I have included a small tutorial so keep reading!





I wanted to share a step by step tutorial with you on how I created the background using the Oxide Ink pads.






Firstly I chose my favourite beachy colours Salty Ocean, Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Antique Linen and grabbed my spray bottle of water. I gesso'd my mixed media tag and other chipboard pieces and let them dry.


Firstly I laid down my first colour by rubbing the inkpad directly onto my craft mat and then spraying liberally with water, then I dipped the tag upside down into the large droplets of colour, creating water patterns on the tag. 


The awesome thing about the Oxides is that you can layer the colours on, one by one and they dont produce that horrible mud colour you get with watercolours, when you mix colours together!!! So keep layering your colours on your tag and dry with a heat gun in between.



Next step is to drop large droplets of water directly onto your tag from a large paintbrush and dry immediately with a heat gun, it produces these lovely bleached circles on your tag.


Another technique you can use is to apply the inkpad directly to your chipboard which causes the colour to deepen. Then add droplets of water over the top and dry immediately.





Onto the last step for your background on the tag! Stamp using the oxide inkpads onto your tag, you will get the lovely deeper colour.

Here are some close ups of the finished tag!







Well thats it from me today! I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial, make sure you leave me some love and if you want to see more of my work and subscribe to my blog you can visit my blog here - 2crazycrafters


Elisa xx







1 comment: