Wednesday 9 August 2017

Expo Kit 3 - Beautiful

Happy Tuesday, I'm here today to show you a layout created from the Shop and Crop Expo Kit #3.  I'll also be including a Step by Step of how I went about putting this layout together.

Firstly here's my layout:




And a couple of close-ups.



I hope you find the Step by Step useful.

Take some texture paste and mix some of the Colour Shimmer Watercolour Cube.  Transfer to some plastic packaging and smooch across the page of your thick media cardstock.


Mix and acrylic paint colour of your chose with water in a spray bottle.  Spray across the dried texture paste area that you’ve already put on the page.

Cut two pieces of the Crate Paper Vellum on the diagonal as seen on the top and the bottom of the layout.  I used some vellum tape to adhere.

From the hessian/burlap pull four long strings and adhere to the diagonal shape vellum.

Punch ten vellum heart shapes (if you don’t have a punch you can cut free hand).  Place two together and use a stapler or tiny attacher to staple in the centre lengthwise.  These will end up being little butterflies for your layout.

Use the Colour Shimmer Watercolour Cube to colour your chipboard frame and two of the smaller heart pieces that are joined together.  Cut a piece of vellum to fit behind the frame and adhere.

Use gesso or white acrylic paint to colour the title word, I used a couple of coats.

Layer your photo onto a piece of the vellum then apply mounting foam tape before adhering to the hessian/burlap.

On the die-cut butterfly apply watered down Colour Shimmer Watercolour Cube to the centre near the body and on the tips of wings.  Adhere as shown.

Now adhere the frame, with the title word sitting on top of it, next to the photo.

Adhere your heart butterflies using a glue dot and then draw feelers to resemble butterflies.

I hope you enjoy the kit and you’ll be able to make another layout with the pieces leftover – just grab another piece of cardstock from your stash.


*******************************************************
Now for my second layout with some Pink Paislee Oh My Heart Paper and Sticker Pack.


  I fussy cut a bunch of flowers from the patterned paper, used some water colour paints on the left hand side of the layout and then splattered two of the watercolours across the page.  I cut a frame from a piece of cardstock and placed it over the top of the painted white cardstock.
I also used some of the rose gold stickers, numbers and alphas from the sticker pack.  Finally I roughly stitched around the cardstock frame.





Remember to use my code SS5 to receive a discount from the Shop and Crop Store 

    

1 comment: