Sunday 16 April 2017

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Hello! Donna Lewis here. I'm very excited to be sharing my first blog post with you. I've been having a lot of fun with the March Crop Kit,  making cards and Easter projects.  The crop kits contain all kinds of goodies, and all my projects shared here today use the papers, stickers and embellishments from Doodlebug Design inc that are included in the March kit. You can take a look at how to subscribe to the Shop and Crop kits here. You can even get $5 off your purchases at Shop and Crop using the code DL5. 


Firstly, seeing as it's Easter Sunday, let's look at the Easter projects I made. This pillow box was made using the WeRmemorykeepers pillow box punch board. I added some of the sweet papers from Doodlebug Design that were included in the Crop Kit, and the easter egg stickers from the kit. Finally, some twine from my stash finished the project.



As you get to know me, you'll know that I love shaker cards, and the gorgeous "Happy Easter" panel was perfect for a shaker. I cut the panel around the inside of the scalloped border and dropped the sentiment to the back. Onto the front I put some of the stickers included in the kit, and inside the shaker are some the flowers and jewels from the kit as well as some sequins from my own stash.



The images on the Doodlebug papers make the cutest little baby cards. I have cut out the individual images and rounded the corners. They have been mounted on a slightly darker cardstock to make a border for each cutie, as the papers all have very similar tonal value. There was no "baby" sentiment in the kit, so I made my own by writing the word with a Versamark clear pen, and adding white embossing powder and heat setting it. It's hard to pick up in the photo, but each critter has been finished off with some wink of Stella for sparkle, and Glossy Accents on their noses to make them stand out. Too cute!




The next card has been given a soft look by ink blending a background using Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Broken China and Fossilised Amber. The sentiment on this card comes from a stamp set from Mama Elephant called "Up and Away" which I also used to make the bunny background paper on the next card. This was the quickest of all the cards to make, but is one of my favourites. 



Here's a close up of the ink blending (and some very cute little faces!)

Finally, a card using several dies and my Sizzix machine.  I clear embossed the Mama Elephant bunnies to make a background. The ground is a cute bunny paper that I'm using as grass, which I have die cut using a scalloped border die. Some cute stickers from the March Crop Kit and a sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches finish the card. You can never have too many cute bunnies!

Hopefully this will give you some new ideas for projects to try with the March Crop Kit, or with any of the other papers you have in your stash. Have a blessed Easter, and I look forward to sharing with you again. If you are interested in seeing more ideas, feel free to check out my Instagram account @donnadoll74.





7 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects Donna, lots of great ideas! Happy Easter to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic collection of cute cards using great techniques! I like the bunny with the carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely, I love how you have used these cute papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection to have, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete