Sunday 26 March 2017

Oh Joy! with Sarah Rosse

Hello crafty friends, today I am bringing you two very different layouts using the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy Collection. This collection can be found instore by clicking here. Lucky I am still to scrap my Christmas 2016 photos, so thought this would be a good way to kickstart it. I often find it difficult to scrap event based photos immediately after the event - I enjoy it much more when I have some space and time to think about what I'd like to do with them. I am still hoping to do a December Daily type album of 2016 but having some select favorite photos for 12x12 layouts is awesome too.

For this "December Story' layout I used the 'Jingle Bells' patterned paper as the base with the 'Joyful Christmas' along the top and bottom edges. I had attempted to sew the edges of the two papers together, however my sewing machine had different ideas. I proceeded to 'sew' it without any cotton and then just drew in the sew lines with a marker. For the background I applied various colours of Dylusions paints using a palette knife. The full range of Dylusions paints can be purchased in store by clicking here. I left this to dry overnight (I tend to be a bit heavy handed on the paint as I just adore the magnificent colours! Once dry, I used some mixed media stamps from my stash to stamp on the background in black ink to add some further interest and texture. The Shop and Crop online store have a wide range of mixed media stamps and archival black ink that can be seen by clicking here.

The photo is matted on white cardstock with some green punchinella, a small frame and some music sheet paper from my stash positioned behind it. I completed the layout with the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy sticker sheet and puffy stickers. Now for the second layout...
This layout uses the 'Winter Wonderland' patterned paper as the base and the 'Joyful Christmas' to mat the photo and the alternate side of this for the strip across the layout. I also used a few scraps of the Crate Paper Cool Kid collection I had left from previous layouts. The colours in this paper picks up the tones in the trees on the 'Joyful Christmas' patterned paper.

Colour Blast Paste (Snow White) was applied through a heart stencil to create some additional texture on the layout. I love the subtle background look that the Snow White provides, along with the glimmer and shine of those little hearts. The range of Colour Blast products are available online by clicking here. The layout was completed again by using the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy sticker sheets and puffy stickers.

I hope you enjoyed these two layouts and be sure to check out the amazing talented design team layouts and inspiration on the blog.

2 comments: